CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Playful Poetry

As an avid reader and a lit major, I am an absolute lover of words! Poetry is one of my favorite forms of writing. One of my earliest favorite authors as a child was Shel Silverstein. I couldn't get enough of Where the Sidewalk Ends, Light in the Attic, and Falling Up. To this day, The Giving Tree is one of my absolute favorites. In honor of Mr. Silverstein and his way with prose and poetry, here are a few of his poems!







Do you have any Shel Silverstein favorites?

4 comments:

Unknown

Such a great post :) It made me smile!

Alicia {Murry Mayhem}

I love this! Shel Silverstein is my favorite!!! I have all his books. Caroline loves him too, she just started reading Falling Up. The Giving Tree is one of her favorite books...I gave her a special edition of the Giving Tree for Christmas after she told me how much she loved it:)

One of my favorites...Sister for Sale

Yvonne

Sister for Sale is a GREAT one!!!

simplyvonne

oh i use to read them all the time when i was younger! hey we have the same name!

Post a Comment

Your comments make me smile. :D Plus, it's nice to know someone reads my ramblings. ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...