CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, April 11, 2011

Mr. Incredible

If I am going to devote the letter "D" to my pups, I would definitely be remiss if I did not give  the same attention to my amazing husband! It's no secret how much I have been missing him lately... working 90+ hour weeks does not leave much quality time for us. :( 
I know he is mentally, physically, and emotionally drained from all of this work and it's SO much harder on him... that's why I HAVE to tell you about Mr. Incredible this weekend. 

It would be so easy for my honey to relax all weekend long and just recoup from his exhausting week, but he really made time for us this weekend and it was very special. 

He got up early Saturday morning and mowed all three of our lawns, weed-eated, treated our fire-ant pile, killed a few hornet nests and pretty much made all of our lawns and our outdoor patio beautiful! 

He also trimmed all the long-stemmed roses that had bloomed and arranged them so I would see them when I woke up...


...gotta love it when your man gets you flowers, right? ;)

He DID have to go into work for a few hours in the morning, but that gave me the opportunity to get some of my own chores done, including grocery shopping. 

After coming home from work, he bathed and blow-dried Daphne, then gave her a MAJOR haircut! She hates baths, the blow-dryer, AND haircuts... plus she had TONS of hair, so this was a major feat! 
He then mastered the grill and made some awesome fajitas for us, my bestie, and her kiddos! My bestie's husband joined us later, and it was a fun night spent with friends and some DELICIOUS food!

Sunday we got back to our "funday" routine! ;) We have been too busy the past few weeks to go bowling, so we did that and then had lunch with some of our friends we hadn't seen in a while!

Then, we went on a hammock hunt. :)

Once David got the idea in this head, he wasn't going to stop until we had one!


Great success! :)

After he assembled it, me, him and both of our pups took a nice nap in it. Oh yeah, this thing is going to be AWESOME!

To round off our nice weekend, he did some more grilling! Rosemary orange porkchops, grilled corn, and lemon butter asparagus... yum!


Of course today, it's back to the grind and back to the looming April 15th deadline for him. I am just so eternally grateful for an incredible husband and friend that will still take time to make what little time we spend together so very special!


Photobucket

1 comments:

Unknown

We had a blast! I love your hammock!!

Post a Comment

Your comments make me smile. :D Plus, it's nice to know someone reads my ramblings. ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...