CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, January 27, 2011

Day 2 - A favorite flick or two

"Hold your breath, make a wish, count to three."


Come with me, and you'll be in a world of pure imagination....


Laugh at me all you like, but the lyrics above are what I wake up to every morning. I am not a morning person, nor am I a BEEP! BEEP! BEEP! BEEP! kind of alarm person. Husband's "looney tunes theme song" alarm on his phone is enough to wake me up with my heart beating out of my chest. I prefer the soothing sounds (haha) of Gene Wilder as "Willy Wonka" belting out "Pure Imagination". I love that movie. And it must be the original. I ADORE all things Johnny Depp, but his version just did not hold a candle to the timeless original. It's one of those films I've seen countless times, but cannot seem to change the channel anytime I pass it on the TV. It's a feel-good flick with a good message, and just enough quirk and color to keep me interested time and time again.
I want one!!

I know it makes me even more of a dork, but I just love the musical numbers as well! It was definitely something I missed in the newer version.


 "If you want to view paradise, simply look around and view it. Anything you want to, do it. Wanna change the world? There's nothing to it."
See? Even some inspiring lyrics. ;) 



Is this a kissing book?
Of course, I can't pick only one to include in today's challenge, and the following movie will always be my ALL-TIME favorite. I can quote it backwards and forwards, I've grown up watching it, and used to watch it every night before bed. The Princess Bride. This movie is a sheer pantheon of word gold. Who can forget the infamous, "Mawidge. Mawidge is what bwings us togeva today," or "My name is Inigo Montoya, you killed my father, prepare to die"? It's a classic fairy tale full of adventure, fantasy, and romance that never fails to please! And with an eclectic cast that includes awesome people like Peter Falk, cute little Fred Savage, Billy Crystal, Carol Kane, Christopher Guest, and Andre the Giant, it's a bearded lady away from being a sideshow circus! And what can we learn from a cult classic like this one? I will tell you. :) 
No more rhymes,
now I meant it!!

*There's not lots of money in revenge. 
*"You rush a miracle man, you get rotten miracles" (LOVE Billy Crystal as Miracle Max!) 
*Inconceivable does NOT mean impossible.
*"If you haven't got your health, you haven't got anything."
*"Never go up against a Sicilian when death is on the line!"
*"Life is pain, Highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something."
*Finally, and perhaps the most trite yet true, "Nothing can stop true love."

:D

1 comments:

Rachel

Agree - both classics. Doesn't get much better than Willy Wonka. Your dogs both look so similar to my dog, Harvie! Cute :)

Post a Comment

Your comments make me smile. :D Plus, it's nice to know someone reads my ramblings. ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...