CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Lasagna Rolls

D and I love italian; it's one type of food we make quite often! I have shared photos of this meal and how TASTY I thought it was in a previous post, but we had it for dinner last night so I figured I would share the recipe this time!!


Lasagna Rolls
(courtesy of Gina's Skinny Recipes)

You will need:

Once again, the original recipe is in black...
any modifications I made are in blue italics! :)

-9 lasagna noodles, COOKED 
-10 oz chopped frozen spinach, thawed and completely drained (I chopped fresh spinach and steamed it)
-15 oz ricotta cheese (I couldn't find it this time, but I usually use fat-free ricotta. I had to settle for part-skim this time...I think next time I will try cottage cheese and see if it works out the same)
-1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
-1 egg
-salt and pepper
-32 oz tomato sauce (I used a 24 oz jar of Classico Spicy Tomato and Basil... it was PLENTY of sauce)
-9 TBSP shredded part-skim mozzarella
-I also added 1/2-pound of ground Italian sausage, browned (do this 1st and let it cool a little)

Preheat oven to 350.  Combine spinach, sausage, ricotta, Parmesan, salt, pepper, and egg in a bowl. 


Ladle about a cup of sauce into the bottom of a 9x12 baking dish.

Making sure your noodles are completely dry, lay them out on a piece of wax paper. Take about 1/3 cup of the ricotta mixture and spread it evenly over the noodle. Repeat for all noodles. (I did all the noodles at once before I started rolling them. That way I could adjust the amount of filling so they were all even...to make sure they'd cook evenly)


Roll each noodle carefully and 
place seam side down in the baking dish. 


Ladle sauce over the noodles and place about 1 TBSP of the mozzarella cheese over each one. Cover tightly in foil and bake until the cheese melts, about 40  minutes. 

Serve 9, since each lasagna is one serving.

These portion-sized lasagnas are perfect with a side salad and great to take for leftovers the next day!
Photobucket

5 comments:

Unknown

That looks yummy!!!

Mizdragonfly

Looks soooooo good!

K.

jessica

Yum! Nice job, that looks so good!

Anonymous

Oh my gosh!! That's just CRUEL! My doctor would shoot me for eating these. I wonder if holding my laptop up to my face and licking the screen counts. Those look DELICIOUS!!!!

B and B

These looks so yummy! I might actually try to make them. :) Your blog is super cute, by the way! I love your sweet wedding photo in the top left

Post a Comment

Your comments make me smile. :D Plus, it's nice to know someone reads my ramblings. ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...