CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

My Who's Who of 2010...

2010 was SUCH a blessed year for David and I, and there are many people who helped contribute to those special blessings. As this year comes to a close, I find it important to reflect back on some of these moments... :)
------------------------------------
In February, we welcomed a new addition to our little family. We were looking to find Daphne a playmate. Ever since we moved into the house with the backyard, we thought she would be more active and enjoy the extra room. But without someone to run and play with, she was the same lazy pup. ;) One of David's co-workers had family members that were looking to get rid of their long-haired dachshund, and Dexter came to live in the Martinez home. :) I will always love my Daphne; she is so special to us, but having Dexter in my life is so amazing. Whereas Daphne is very independent and likes her space, Dexter always wants to know where I am and what I am doing - he is my little shadow. I can't tell you how good it makes me feel to know he is content following me around, and he is the sweetest snugglebug there is! He has come such a long way from the scared, schizo, squirting dog we met in February. We tease him and say that he is the "stupid one", but we are learning that he is much smarter than we give him credit for! I have recently learned something funny about his eating habits. I never understood why he was such a messy eater - food ends up all over the floor everytime he eats. As usual, he was hogging all the food one day and I wanted to make sure Daphne got some. I put my hand in their bowl to get a handful for Daph, and all the food is wet. ?? So I stop and just watch him eat. This little turd sniffs and licks each piece of food and only picks out the red and green ones. Sure enough, the ones all over the floor are the brown and yellow ones he doesn't like. So THAT'S why he rushes to the bowl when we put down food... he wants to go through and eat what he likes, then spit out the rest to leave it for Daphne. Mean pup. ;) He has so many quirky qualities like this, and I swear it makes me love him more. Him and Daphne bring SO MUCH JOY to mine and David's lives, and we are so blessed to have found them both!
-------------------------------------------------


In 2010, David and I celebrated 6 years together and 2 years of marriage. I am so unbelievably blessed to be his wife. I realize that the only difference between our relationship and actual marriage was a piece of paper, but knowing that he is mine forever and feeling the pride and joy of being "Mrs. David Martinez" are things I am so grateful for. He truly is the very best friend I have ever had, and I am so excited for our future. It's so easy to take for granted things that you experience everyday... I love always having my best friend around to make me laugh, to support me when I am upset, and to just be around and enjoy the company. With him, life is full of silken moments that I will treasure forever... and it is still only the beginning. :) We have a lifetime together ahead of us, and that is more exciting to me than I could ever express! I love being in love with the man of dreams... everytime I look at him, I know that God loves me. :D
------------------------------------------------------------

In March, we said goodbye to one of the best men I have ever known, my Papa. St. Patrick's Day will hold a much different meaning after this year. I miss him very much, and it does make me sad to know that he will never get to hold mine and David's babies, but I know that he was in so much pain in his wordly body. He lived a full and happy life, and I know he is pain-free and even happier looking down on us from heaven. I am grateful that he did know my nephew, Andrew, and that he was there the day I walked down the aisle. The rest he will just have to watch from his bird's eye view! ;) His memory will forever live on, especially through my little brother. Not only is he the spitting image of my Papa, he is a great man of honor and integrity, just as my Papa was. I am grateful to see my Papa everytime I look at my brother and I know that Papa is proud of the man he is becoming.
----------------------------------------------
2010 was DEFINITELY the "year of the baby". My friends Tiffani and Amanda had beautiful babies, and my sister Wendy had our Baby Meatball!! :) Jackson Thomas is the perfect addition to Wendy and Jesse's amazing family, and I am the proudest Auntie ever! It's hard to believe that Andrew is already six, we needed another baby around! ;) My nephews are so amazing and I am definitely blessed to be a part of their lives. Wendy makes such gorgeous kiddos, that's for sure! Looking at her as a mother and the sweet, sweet boys she is raising, definitely makes the baby itch even stronger for me! Both her and my own mother set such wonderful examples about the mom I hope to be someday. I am in such awe of Wendy and her boys...what a blessed little family they are!
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Let us never forget the importance of amazing friends!!! This year, I was lucky enough to patch a friendship with an amazing woman, my dear friend Roxy. Life takes us all down different paths, but I find such comfort in knowing that there are certain people who will always be a part of my life, even if we go through rough times. Roxy is a giving, loving, and wonderful woman, and I am blessed to have known her for so long. Having her in my life makes me a better person, and I love her very much! Stephanie and I have been friends since the 7th grade. We were roomies in college, we were in each other's weddings, and here we are 14 years later, living only 5 minutes from each other! I am unbelievably blessed to have a friend like her. I love that I can go over in my PJ's and just sit with her and Hannah, and still leave feeling like I've just had the best time ever! She is definitely my FOREVER friend and I love that we have each other. 2010 has been awesome with her a close part of it... we even get to work together again, just like the old Saltgrass days! The events of 2010 have brought us closer than ever, and we have shared some amazing memories. :)
-------------------------------------------------------------
2010 was FILLED with so many other amazing things as well... our dear friends Brittney and Austin were married (and Britt became an Auntie as well!), my sister-in-law Genevieve went off to college, my other sister-in-law Liza came home, David got a promotion, my Nana made a HUGE recovery from her illnesses, and we all celebrated another year of health and happiness. :) 2010 was filled with many changes as well, but I wouldn't change a THING. Some people walked out of my life, and for the most part, I am grateful for the positive changes it brought everyone involved. I am thankful, also, for the new friends that God brought into our lives, and all the happiness we feel daily. David and I are truly very, very blessed and 2011 promises to bring even more joy. Thank you ALL for being a part of our lives and part of the reason we are so happy. HAPPY NEW YEAR and many blessings to you all!

2 comments:

Unknown

I love your look back!! I wish you all the best in 2011!!!

Roxy B

I am so thankful too. Love you guys!

Post a Comment

Your comments make me smile. :D Plus, it's nice to know someone reads my ramblings. ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...