CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, December 27, 2010

New Year's Promises


This comic sums it up perfectly. The idea of "New Year's Resolutions" have become sort of a joke... you set a few and then not much ever comes of it. I know that I am guilty of this, but I hate it! New Year's is the "standard" time to start thinking about things I'd like to change, but the truth is I should be thinking about these things all the time, not just when this time of year rolls around! However, it does make sense. New year, new beginning, and hope for what is to come in 2011 gets us all thinking about the future. So, this year, I am hoping to make just a couple "New Year's Promises" that I can hopefully keep. :) I know it will take WORK on my part, but I know enough to see that a change must be made, so now I need to commit to that change... the hardest part of all!
1. I promise to get back into a regular exercise routine. This has been soooo difficult for me. I loved my yoga and once I had to let go of that, I have let my commitment to exercise falter. My Christmas gift to myself was 20 Bikram Yoga classes in 60 days, and that is how I am starting my year. It will be a hardcore way to get back into that habit since I will have to go 2-4 times each week to redeem my classes before the 60 days is up. Then I just have to KEEP it up. We have a treadmill, 2 dogs and a gorgeous park to walk around, bikes, and a WiiFit for crying out loud. There should be NO reason why I can't find some form of exercise to keep my attention for at least an hour a day!!! I started my weight-loss journey in January of 2007 and in January 2011 I find myself halfway back to where I was. Now is the time to get it under control. I realize that it's just a few pounds each year, but that adds up and I CANNOT let myself stay on this track! I did NOT lose 60 pounds to gain it all back! I know I have the self-discipline in me, I just have to MAKE IT HAPPEN!!!
2. In 2010, a friend from high school did something where he posted a picture a day for all 365 days of 2010. I LOVE this! We take for granted how many beautiful and interesting things we encounter everyday and I am definitely someone that CONSTANTLY has my camera handy... I need to do this! Since I hope to be blogging more (thanks to Mom and Dad's Christmas gift of a new laptop!!), my goal is to share at least a picture a day of the beauty and wonder that is around me! I think it will definitely make me more aware and appreciative of my surroundings, and it just sounds like tons of fun!
3. I WILL find a teaching job for the fall!!! I believe that everything happens in God's own timing, and I also believe that my time is coming! I know that I love what I do, I LOVE to teach, and that my hard work and dreams will be realized!
4. And finally..... shhh, let's keep this one a secret ;) ... I am DETERMINED to thwart my husband's commitment to this 5-year plan. ;) I am wearing him down, I CAN FEEL IT!!!!! :) :)
So, for now at least, these are my hopes for 2011. I have many, many more... but here are a few that I feel most passionate about and those I KNOW I CAN do if I just put my mind to it. I can't believe we are about to enter into 2011... what a year it has been! I am grateful for the many, many, many blessings and memories that 2010 offered... 2011 is going to be even better!!

1 comments:

Roxy B

Shall I call you daily to hold you accoutable? I did 20 minute on the elip. machine today.

Post a Comment

Your comments make me smile. :D Plus, it's nice to know someone reads my ramblings. ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...