CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

It's the most wonderful time of the year...


I really do love this time of year! We are doing Thanksgiving here at our home for the second year in a row, and I am really loving the new traditions that we are starting!!
We generally do a huge, extended family Thanksgiving... I think we had around 48 people over last year. It really is nice to see family that you don't get to see often and celebrate each other, but I have to admit, I am more excited about this year!! Our holiday will be much more intimate than usual, and I am so thankful! It will just be my parents, all their kiddos (and their families), my nana, David's parents and all their kiddos, and possibly my uncle. It means, to me, that the day will be low-pressure, relaxing, and that I will get to spend time with some of my favorite people!! The day before Thanksgiving I am headed home to make bread with mom and the girls in my family. This will be our first year trying this, and I hope it's a blast that we can make into another annual tradition!
I am beyond grateful for the family God has given me. Each of them has played an important part in helping me become the woman I am today, and I am so blessed to know each and every one of them. I can't wait to make some new memories next week!
Of course, all of my Christmas decor is going up this week. I want it to be cozy and inviting when we sit down to dinner next week and I am ITCHING to get all my fun Christmas stuff out! We brought it down from the attic last week and it's all burning a hole in my office floor! Must... decorate... ;) That will be a fun Saturday project, for sure! :) :)
Happy Thanksgiving to all who read this! I am thankful for every friend who cares enough to read my ramblings ;) , and may God bless your holiday!

1 comments:

Unknown

I love this time of year as well! I am so ready for sweater weather it is not even funny.

Post a Comment

Your comments make me smile. :D Plus, it's nice to know someone reads my ramblings. ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...